5 Interior Design Trends of 2015 by #momthebuilder
Here we go! I am really excited about this article I am writing and getting to share some of my favorite 2015 interior design trends with you guys. I have such a love for interior design and I am so fortunate that I get to be part of an industry I am so passionate about.
1. Mid Century Modern: This is one of my favorite 2015 trends by far. I personally am a huge fan of mid-century modern and I am happy to see all the these styles coming back. Palm Springs aka soul of mid-century modern is one of my favorite getaway's and to see all the life in these homes with their original beauty makes my heart flutter. Designing and building more mid-century modern pieces will be a huge part of my business for 2015. This mid-century modern style accent chair can be found on Furniture.com, this is definitely one of my go to pieces and would be a great fit in any room.
2. Geometric Furniture & Décor: ANYTHING geometric is fab! I love the clean lines and versatility with shapes, modern but playful looking. Simplicity at it's best whether it be an octagon shaped rug or dining table. Add some flare to a babies nursery or even your kitchen with my triangle wall shelves.
3. Furs & Cow Hides: These for me will ALWAYS be a trend. I'm obsessed with cozy time and fur throws are where its at. I have a few fur rugs that I love as well. Now days you can find them in pretty much any color too! As for cow hides, they are so rustic but so chic at the same time. Both furs and cowhides are timeless and will go with any style of décor in a home.
4. Colors: I'm not going to lie this whole color trend took a little while but has fully grown on me and I am digging everything about the colors of 2015. You know how it was always popular to stick with neutrals and add a pop of color? Well now it's the opposite. I am talking deep royal blue, emerald, and red! Finding furniture in these colors is key to having a room really pop. Whether it be an oversized red headboard or finding the perfect blue sofa. Metallics go great with these fierce colors of 2015 as well. So let's say you have your "safe" neutral furniture already, you better get to painting! One accent wall in one of these three colors would make a world of difference in a room.
Images courtesy of HouseBeautiful.com
5. Rustic Wood Furniture & Accent Walls: This is more of a timeless trend to me as well. You can take the most beat up reclaimed wood coffee table and place it in front of a vintage victorian sofa and it will go perfect. Or you can have a bathroom full of glossy black subway tiles with a gold chandelier, put a rustic vanity in the space and it will end up being the focal point of that room. I have designed and built some beautiful rustic wood beds, they will never be off trend either. You can always design and decorate around a rustic wood piece of furniture. Another really great thing to do with rustic wood is accent walls. I recently did a set of oversized, each measuring 4' x 7' barn doors for an accent wall. That is and will always be the focal point of that beautiful space.
Rustic Barn Door Wall Accents & Bathroom Vanity Hand Crafted by Salvaged Soul